17 January 2011

40 Years

I'd like to say something poignant, something insightful, something brilliant.

But my only words today are Thank You, Lord, for these 40 years.  I know perhaps I haven't lived them as well as I could have.  Yet they are the clay I'm now made of.  Lumped, spotted, stained and broken clay that You have fashioned into more than it is.  Your gentle, nail-scarred hands have sifted through my ashes and found rose petals.  You have filled my clay pot with Yourself and made it holy.

Grant me this, please.  Let every year to come bring me closer to Your side.  Let every day You give me bring me closer to Love.  And let me put a smile on Your face.


Thank you for my life.  Thank you that it is overflowing with blessings and joys.  Thank you for everything.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! May God bless your special day.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Happy birthday, you youngster!! :)

GrandmaK said...

Oh my!!! Have one of the happiest birthdays ever! All my best!! Cathy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day is the BEST ever! And that you enjoy that gorgeous cake! ♥♥♥

Mum2eight said...

Belated birthday wishes for you Jennifer.

Being over 40 is great.

NC Sue said...

How wonderful to turn your eyes towards the source of life and birth on your birthday, Jennifer. Although this is late for a birthday wish, I wish you every happiness in the year to come.

God bless you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin