25 July 2010

Praise!

"Whoever asks, receives; whoever seeks, finds; and for whoever knocks, the door will be opened."

I have been savoring lately the sweetness of realizing that God has indeed answered a prayer I began praying over two years ago.  I thought perhaps I wasn't being heard, or that I didn't deserve an answer, or that I wasn't doing what I should be doing in order to qualify for the answer, or that I'd been told "no."

When, in fact, not only did my Father hear me, but He very carefully, purposely chose my answer and brought it to me in the most amazing way.  He thought of me and knew just how He would provide what I was longing for, but I had to wait for His time.  But I have been blown away lately to know that He was thinking of me so personally.  My silly little heart needs to learn that my Father gives good gifts to His children when they ask.

So I am Praising God today for answering.  For hearing and giving to me good gifts from His hand.  For teaching me so patiently and gently and loving me even while I don't learn!

I'm Praising God today for the moments during the Eucharist this weekend when I looked at the cup of wine on the altar and saw His blood, and my mind was taken to the Cross, where that Precious Blood flowed for me and all I could do was cry.

I'm very glad today that at least the downstairs level of our house is still cool.  The upstairs A/C unit died and it is 93 degrees up there.  We're camped out downstairs in sleeping bags. 

My kids are healthy, my husband and I are well, we're all fed and clothed and clean -- life is just about perfect.  Thank you, gracious Lord.

I had some rich and highly-caloric chocolate cake last night that was yummy, and we have lots of ice cream in the freezer.  (See yesterday's post.)  

I hope your week behind was kind to you and your week ahead will be blessed.  Give Praise to the Lord for all He has done!

1 comment:

Julie Cragon said...

God's time can seem like forever sometimes and yet it's always the right time. God Bless and good luck with that A/C!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin