01 April 2010

Stay With Me

"Jesus got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing and wrapped a towel around his waist.  After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciple's feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him."

"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord' and rightly so, for that is what I am.  Now that I, your Lord and Teacher have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.  I have set you an example, that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.  Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them."  John 13:4-5,13-17



"Sit here while I pray.  Stay here and keep watch with me."


"Greater love has no man than this, that he should lay down his life for his friends."  John 15:13

2 comments:

GrandmaK said...

I hope I can be the disciple that waits as He asks. I truly want to be the tree that bears good fruit. Wishing you well this Holy Day of celebration! Cathy

p.bernhard said...

A beatifull word from blessed Mother Teresa - first in german:
Willst du wissen,
wie sehr Gott die Welt geliebt hat? -
Schau auf das Kreuz.

Willst du wissen,
wie sehr er dich heute liebt?-
Schau auf die Eucharistie!

+++

In english:

If you want to know,
how much God loved the world ? -
look at the cross.

If you want to know,
how much he loves you today ? .
Look at the most holy Eucarist!

Blessed Mother Teresa

Christ humiliated himself in becoming human,
he took a step deeper in dying for all of us,
but the deepest step, the last place he chose, was, to become, not only men with body and soul, but to become materia, bread - so much he loves us.
What could he have done mire, to "prove" his love to us...?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin