24 April 2010

Praise!


"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid."  Isaiah 12:2



What a very busy, full week!  Things they are a-changing in my house!  That's a good thing... but chaotic right now.

I give God Praise for:

A productive day.  Good things accomplished.

A wonderfully encouraging message from a dear friend.

The joy of being able to look back and see that Jesus has done something amazing in my life!

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that smell fabulous while they're baking and taste fabulous!

Cool rain.

The time and energy to clean out my van.

The joyful anticipation of good things to come.

The unfailing Love of Jesus!  I wish I had a microphone to the whole world so I could say, "Everybody shut up and listen to me!  Jesus LOVES you even though you're a miserable, sinful, sometimes rotten human being and you're doing stupid things with your life!  Knock it off already and live like you're LOVED, CAUSE YOU ARE!!"

Well, may your week ahead be blessed to overflowing, and may your heart be filled with His love.  Thanks for sharing your Praises with me and everyone!  You know the Linky drill by now!

Blessings,
Jennifer

P.S.  Just read this and have to add it for you to read... from St. Francis de Sales for us today.

April 25
You recognize thousands of imperfections and failings in yourself, contrary to your desire for purity and perfect love of God. In reply I say that it is not possible to avoid all of these. While we live on this earth, we have to put up with ourselves, until the day that God takes us to Heaven. Meanwhile, we can do no more than to keep a close watch on ourselves, and be patient. How can we correct in one day defects that we have contracted by our prolonged lack of diligence? Sometimes God has healed a person in an instant, without leaving a trace of his previous spiritual sickness. But in so many others He has left the scars of their conversion, for the greater benefit of their souls. (Letters 277; O. XIII, p. 19)

3 comments:

MBrandon said...

You and your precious family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

What a mighty God we serve.

God Bless You.
Michael

Footprints Diary said...

Hi Jennifer,
It sounds as if you've had a very busy but productive week.

Thanks for hosting Praise each week - while I'm writing this I'm munching on a Mars bar. :)

Have a wonderful week,
Blessings, Jillian ♥

MBrandon said...

I have "chocolatised" some further thoughts after hearing the readings at Mass this morning.

http://freethroughtruth.blogspot.com/2010/04/good-shepherd-sunday-april-25-2010.html

Have a Blessed Day

Michael

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin