14 March 2010

Praise!

If you're new to MCH and this meme, it's all about giving the Lord praise on His day.  The Lord inhabits the praises of His people, and it is good for us to think back on the week and recall the many gifts He's given us, both large and small, and then give Him thanks and praise.  I hope you'll join me in offering a sacrifice of praise to our God.  Grab the Praise! heart and link up!


"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalm 118:24

I am Praising God for:

An answered prayer and longing of my heart... it's not always easy to make new friends when you relocate all the time, and I seem to find it more difficult than others.  But God has crossed my path with a wonderful new friend and I am deeply grateful.  Thank you, Jesus.

Interior quiet and stillness, and the fact that I am less afraid of it than I used to be.  I am less inclined to panic and become anxious, and I'm actually looking for the blessing in it.  I don't mind solitude -- I actually crave alone time, but when my heart feels empty, I can get frightened.  But God is teaching me something new.  Praise Him.

For my family... despite the moments of chaos and impatience and stress, I can't imagine living on this earth without those 4 people.  Thank you, God, for blessing me so.

For Lent... for sacrifice... for the wonderful, brutal cross on which the Prince of Glory died for me.

For the yellow flowers suddenly blooming in my front yard.  I didn't plant them and I have no idea where they came from, yet there they are.  I think they're daffodils.  Whatever, they're pretty.

For the mocha I'm looking forward to!

That He has helped me get through this week somehow... I have been extremely tired, much more so than usual, and I have zero energy to do anything.  I desperately need strength and He has been carrying me.

For all of you who stop by to visit and share your Praises!

God bless you and keep you this coming week, and I pray your Lent will continue to be fruitful and meaningful.  Glory to God!

3 comments:

Footprints Diary said...

Hi Jennifer,
Your praises tell of a week spent relying on the humble blessings of our Almighty God. Thank you for sharing. :)

May the Lord continue to carry you through the tough times! :D

Have a wonderful and blessed week,
Jillian ♥

Anne said...

Thanks Jennifer!
http://annebender.blogspot.com/2010/03/praying-psalms-nine.html

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

This list of PRAISE is so heartfelt and beautiful Jennifer...sounds like the Lord has been specially tending to your heart:)
I pray for your strength and energy:)
Thanks for this meme!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin