11 February 2010

Refiner's Fire... It Hurts

"I will turn my hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities."  Isaiah 1:25

"This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold."  Zechariah 13:9


"For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap.  He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver."  Malachi 3:2-3

"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."  Hebrews 12:5-6

3 comments:

Mary333 said...

I think it hurts, too. Thankfully, not forever. And at least we can offer the pain up with His, even when it is our own fault. That's how good God is :)

mbrandon8026 said...

Dear Child of God.

Do not dwell on the refining, but on the face of the Refiner and on His great mercy. He's alive and you are forgiven.

http://freethroughtruth.blogspot.com/2010/02/hes-alive-once-again-and-still.html

GrandmaK said...

Not a lesson to be taken lightly. For it was taught again and again by God through his prophets and followers. Thank you! Cathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin