13 February 2010

Praise!

Photobucket


"Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.  Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied.  Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh."  Luke 6:20-21

This week I am thankful that God often does things upside down, inside out, bottom up and top down.  Bad is used for good, sickness for health and suffering for joy.  Nothing is merely what it seems.  God is at work doing unexpected, marvelous things.

Praise You, Lord for Your loving discipline.  Thank you for not leaving me in my miserable state, but loving me enough to clean out the wound and hold me while I squirm from the pain.

Praise You, Lord for Your patience and persistence.

Praise You, Lord for Your mercy that is new every morning.

Praise You, Lord for my partner and friend in this life, who knows me well and somehow still loves me.

Praise You, Lord for the snow that fell again this week, and the luxury of sitting still to watch it dance in the air on its way down to the ground.

Praise You, Lord for friends who are true.

I wish you all a blessed week heading into Lent.  May God's grace be with us and may we be inspired to greater sacrifice and self-denial than ever before, to the glory of His name.

Blessings,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Footprints Diary said...

Hi Jennifer,
What a wonderful list of praises - and yes, praise God for doing things His way. :D

Have a wonderful week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Thank you Jennifer!
I'm so happy you are enjoying the snow!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin