22 January 2010

Red Friday

It's Red Friday... for all the blood that's been spilled.

Black Friday... for the mourning of all the lives taken.

On this anniversary of Roe v. Wade, I pray those who believe in "choice" will have their eyes opened and their hearts softened.  I pray they will see each child as a gift, a blessing, as a promise waiting to be fulfilled.
Lord, hasten the day when life will be protected and the killing will stop.  Have mercy on us, in our sin and blindness, and heal our land.

I Could Have Been...



I was killed today. My life cruelly taken from me. Next week I was going to leave for college. I hope no one else has to die the way I did.






I was killed today. I was smart and funny and I had a great giggle. I wanted to be a famous chef like on Food Network.






I was growing so fast, my parents said. Every day I did something new, but now my life is over. I was killed today. Everyone says it's a terrible crime and the person responsible should be punished. I just wanted to live and grow up.


I don't understand, though...


Why is it a crime for someone to kill me then...



but it's okay for you to kill me now?


Don't you recognize me?
It's me... I'm still me.



You wouldn't dream of killing your snuggly, sleepy baby, or your giggly little girl with big dreams, or your lovely daughter ready to chase those dreams and fulfill her potential...would you?


But you did. I never got to do any of those things.
You didn't let me.

You didn't see me... I guess you thought I was too small.

You think you only got rid of this "blob" of cells...

but you actually got rid of me.


I could've been...if only you had let me.



Save the baby humans. And their mothers. Choose Life.

© 2009 Jennifer Hartline

2 comments:

Anne said...

Amen.

mbrandon8026 said...

Beautifully put.

May I post it on Freedom Through Truth?

God Bless You

Michael

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin