23 January 2010

Praise!

Photobucket


"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."  Psalm 9:10

I don't know about all of you, but I've found myself noticing my every creature comfort this past week, and thinking, "Wow, am I spoiled rotten."  People in Haiti right now don't have a drink of water or a piece of bread or place to lay down and sleep comfortably, or a hot shower and clean underwear.  No roof over their heads. 

This week I am more grateful than ever for my life and the fact that my every need is met.  But I'm sure I'm still not grateful enough.  I bet I still don't really get it.  I'm gonna Praise God anyway and mean it as deeply as I can.

Thank you, Heavenly Father for clean water, plentiful, safe food, a sturdy house to dwell in, a soft bed to sleep in, warm coats to wear in the cold, shoes on my feet, clean clothes on my back, and no real reason to fear that tomorrow I will not have all these things once again.

Praise God for every single person who has gone to Haiti to help the people there.
Praise God for every person who has donated money to help meet the needs of the Haitian people.
Praise God for every person who's been pulled out alive.
Praise God for the promise of Life for every soul who has died there. Let perpetual light shine upon them, Lord.
Praise God for the generosity of nations around the world.  May that generosity continue.
Praise God for the families who have finally received in their arms the children they've been waiting years for... the "Haiti 80" who are now home with their forever families.  Bless them, every one.

I hope your week ahead is rich with blessings and gratitude for those blessings.  Be a light on the hill in your own world.  Thanks for sharing your Praises with me!

Peace be with you,
Jennifer

2 comments:

~ Judy ~ said...

AMEN AND AMEN!!!!
ConversionDiary's Jennifer has a video posted of a MIRACULOUS rescue of a Haitian woman who'd been buried alive under the rubble of a bank for six days!!!!
I was rendered speechless when I saw the GRACE and JOY ...YES...JOY...of this beautiful woman after she was pulled out...but the thing is....she did not have JOY BECAUSE she was pulled out...she had it even while she was BURIED!!!!! AMAZING
Thanks for encouraging us in our lives of PRAISE!

Anne said...

Thanks for the weekly praise Jennifer! In my heart, and I'm sure in yours as well, it is really a daily praise, isn't it?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin