20 January 2010

Living Psalm of Haiti

I've never read anything like this in my life and it broke my heart.  If you haven't seen this, you really should read it.

The most recent update says that some aid may finally be arriving... I pray so.

And then another quake this morning.  Please Lord, quiet the land.  Stop the tremors and command the earth to be still.

What strikes me at times like this is the rather embarrassing fact that I really have no idea what suffering is.  I wonder if I have ever suffered anything at all in my life.  It seems that suffering is so unfairly distributed sometimes.

After reading that post from Anchoress, I wished I could jump in my car with bottles of water and bags of food and just drive over to where those people are and help them before they starve.  In my moments of doubt and sadness, I wonder, does it help at all that I offer my feeble prayers for them?  I may never know, at least not this side of heaven.  But I will keep praying.  I will keep praying.  I know you will, too.  We have to.  Something in the depths of my soul tells me it does matter, it does help, God hears and He will answer.

O Lord, please let the rescue workers reach the people in Petit Goave who are waiting for relief.  Hurry, Lord...please hurry.

1 comment:

mbrandon8026 said...

Jennifer:

The Lord wants you to speak in his name, the quiet of the land to Haiti, the stopping of the tremors and the stillness.

In the Name of Jesus, and in union with my sister, Jennifer, I speak quiet to the land of Haiti, a cessation of the earthquakes that are ravaging that country further, and stillness.

Where two or more of us are gathered, there you are Jesus in our midst, and we are gathered in prayer this day with you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin