05 January 2010

CWDkids catalog part two

My latest reply to Mr. Jim Klaus of CWDkids catalog.  Catch up by reading the comments from the first post (below this one). 

Mr. Klaus,

Interesting discussion is all well and good, and I'm glad you're talking about it amongst yourselves, but why wait til next year when you can do the right thing today?  Remove these immodest suits from your line today.  Take them down off your website and explain why.  Don't put profit ahead of what's good for our children.

I urge you to be brave and set a fine example for other retailers to follow.  Help moms like me (there are many) who are looking for modest yet still stylish clothing for ourselves and our daughters, and particularly concerning swimwear, keep it decent!  Less revealing, less "skin" and more modest.  Modest does not have to be boring or frumpy.

I guarantee you would make many new happy and loyal customers by putting an emphasis on modesty and decency for girls, while still keeping the clothes cute and stylish.  And I assure you, I am equally vocal about the companies I like as the ones I don't.

I appreciate your willingness to answer me, and I encourage you to come back to my blog post and read the other comments, including one from a man who gives a valuable perspective.

Think about it.  Better yet, pray about it.  Ask God if He minds His little daughters parading around wearing virtually nothing.  I pray you will have ears to hear His reply.

God bless you,

Jennifer Hartline

2 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

I've received their catalog today in the mail and I flipped through the entire thing. Normally I'd allow my girls to flip through any catalog that comes to our house (we have very neutral ones, mostly toys or kids clothing- nothing like Victoria Secret or something). But this particular one I had to toss because there was more than just this ladybug swimsuit you mention that had me raising my eyebrows wondering what mother that has any respect for her young daughter would allow her daughter to wear it, let alone she spending money to buy it. There is one swimsuit that has the majority of the middle cut out (looks like a shark bite without the ragged edges) and the little girl wearing it is staring at her belly button. I can't help but wonder if she's thinking "Wow, I can see that!" but maybe I'm just not seeing a "cute" factor? I know people will have different taste in styles but children that age go to pools and beaches to play and swim, not to look sexy. There is NOTHING practical in the styles in question.

I also have to question the comment about not allowing the child models to look older than they really are. How can that be accomplished with some of the poses, especially with some of the dresses that have plunging necklines?

The one constant that I've always appreciated about CWDkids is that their clothing lines are typically affordable and good quality clothing. As a mom to many, I don't have very many places I can shop that will provide decent yet affordable clothing.

I do hope Mr. Klaus reconsiders the time line of this "discussion" about modest clothing lines. And I appreciate the communication being so open. It gives me faith in knowing that the higher management is willing to listen to their buyers. So thank you Mr. Klaus.

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Jennifer,
Our children are called upon to be Lords and Ladies, not pimps and prostitutes. :/

Thank you for standing up for the values of God's children of this world. :D
Blessings,
Jillian

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin