12 December 2009

Praise!

Photobucket


"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn." Isaiah 60:1-3



Is it really the 3rd Sunday of Advent already?!? It's going much too quickly... I want it to slow down.

I Praise God this week for bringing peace and calm to my home after some very tense days of frustration. I finally took my mother's advice and stood in my living room and loudly told Satan to take his discord and anger and get OUT of my house! The difference was amazing... when you throw the trash out, the home smells sweet again.

I'm Praising God in advance for the wonderful night I know I will have with my girls this week at the Nutcracker Ballet. I got them new dresses for Christmas which they will wear, some shiny shoes and pretty tights, and we'll have a fancy dessert before we head to the ballet. I think I'm more excited than they are!

Praise God for the excitement and anticipation of His birth, drawing so near! How I pray I have made room in my heart for Him!

Praise God for the freedom to worship Him this season without fear of police intrusion or imprisonment. May God free the Christians in China and protect them from harm.

Praise God for twinkling lights everywhere!

Praise God for cold weather... no snow, but at least it was cold today!

Praise God for the sound of my girls' laughter.

Praise God for helping me show restraint and patience today instead of yelling. Little victories, people!

Praise God for homemade fudge, and for these:

Pecan Snowballs

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp water
2 cups chopped pecans
pinch of salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Shape into balls and bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. While still warm, roll thoroughly in powdered sugar.

The smell of these cookies baking is heavenly. Enjoy!

A blessed Gaudete Sunday to all of you! Make the most of this Advent week and share your Praises! O come, O come, Emmanuel!





4 comments:

Mary333 said...

I loved your praises. As a matter of fact, they perked up my heart so much that I decided to do it too:) God bless you, Jennifer!

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Jennifer,
Praise God for Christians who are prepared to take a stand for what they believe in! :)

Thank you for hosting "Praise" each week, Jennifer.

Have a great weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian

Anne said...

I haven't seen the Nutcracker in years! Maybe I'll have to plan a date with my daughter. Tonight my two oldest sons "took me" on a date to the high school production of "A Christmas Carol". It was just what I needed to lift my spirits and forget about life for a while. Praise for the arts!

~ Judy ~ said...

OH WHAT A GLORIOUS LIST OF PRAISE!
Thank you Jennifer!
You have a wise mother! And YOU are wise for taking her advice!!!
Thanks for the reminder!
Have FUN with your girls on your special night!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin