05 December 2009

Praise!

Photobucket


"And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting, Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end." Isaiah 9:6-7


I'm in great need of Praise tonight... it's been a busy, trying week, and I have felt my Christmas spirit wane. It's good to sit down and turn my eyes on the Infant King! The time is drawing so near! Advent seems much too short now...

I Praise You, Lord Jesus, because You came!

Praise God that He sits on the throne, immovable, undisturbed, and in control.

Praise God for the blessings of Advent, if we stop and listen and prepare our hearts.

Praise God for the sweet gift of Mary, the Immaculate Conception. May we always follow our Mother's example.

Praise God for cold weather... please God, send some more of it! Send snow!!!

Praise God for a night spent baking Christmas cookies with my kids... sprinkles on the floor, laughter in the kitchen, music in the background, and smiles all around.

Praise God for warm blankets and soft sheets.

Praise God for good friends.


Have a wonderful week, and I pray God pours out Advent blessings on all of us. Look up and open your arms!



3 comments:

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Jennifer,
Once again, thank you for hosting "Praise". I have posted my Praise post for this week.

May the Lord grant you a wonderful and blessed Christmas.
Blessings,
Jillian

GrandmaK said...

Sounds as if you had a most successful and enjoyable baking adventure!!! Good for you! Cathy

Anne said...

Warm blankets and soft sheets-my favorite!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin