24 November 2009

The Sounds of the Season


I officially cannot wait til Sunday to start listening to one of my favorites CD's of all time.



I can't say enough wonderful things about this album. For me, this is the soundtrack of Christmas. The melodies are beautiful, the orchestration fantastic, the arrangements are brilliant, the lyrics are powerful and moving and lovely. It's practically perfect.

(Practically, because truthfully I could do without track #5. It's just hokey. So I just skip that one. The rest are fabulous.)

"Song for the King" brings me to tears every time and there's not a word in the song. It takes me right to the side of the manger, in the hay, staring at the Newborn King in awe.


"It's a Wonderful Christmas" evokes so many visual images and cheery feelings... playing in the snow, decorating the tree, hiding a special present in a stocking, eating cookies in the middle of the night, candlelight, firelight... it's all in one song.


"Sing Noel, Sing Hallelujah" is one of the best. It says it all.


"All Year Long" makes me cry every time.


"Audrey's Gift" is just so precious and gentle and beautiful.


If you don't have this album, get it. You won't be sorry. (No, I'm not getting paid to say this. Smitty has no idea I'm promoting his CD.)



Ooooohhhhh...... it's almost here!!!! I can hardly stand it!!!!
Advent is coming!!!!

3 comments:

Anne said...

The man is a genius! I love Michael W. Smith!

Mary333 said...

I cheat and have been listening to Christmas CDs for weeks now:) I'll take you and Anne's word for this one, I'm always on the lookout for good music.

Brian said...

Jennifer,

I have never heard this artist -
I will give him a good listen as I trust your judgement!

God bless - Happy Advent Sunday!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin