15 November 2009

Praise!

Photobucket

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

I find myself looking forward to this post every Sunday because it's good for me to sit down and really think about all the reasons I have to Praise God. It's good for me to remember who He is and that He never changes.

I am very thankful today to have a computer that's functioning. We had a complete crash -- a meltdown -- and I thought I might lose everything I had saved, including things I'd begun writing but hadn't finished.

My very smart husband found a way to salvage everything, but he had to ditch Windows completely and use a different operating system. Linux Ubuntu it's called, and so far, so good. Thank God.

Computers are a pain in the tushy.

I'm Praising God again today for our military families. My heart still hurts for the victims of the jihad at Fort Hood, and my thoughts are frequently with them. God bless them and carry them and heal them.

Praise God for people who are not afraid to speak the truth. Praise God for people with moral courage.

Praise God for the rain that fell, after the rain fell, after the driving rain came, after the showers that lasted for three days. We're soaked.

Praise God for the delicious loaf of banana bread I made last night. With a cinnamon-sugar topping that got nice and crusty on the top, it smelled like heaven. Tastes yummy, too!

Praise God for the start of my favorite time of year. Love it, love it, love it! Let the holiday baking begin!

Praise God for my very loving, patient, hard-working, and thoughtful husband. I don't deserve him.

Praise God for my wonderful daddy who turned 70 yesterday. I'm a blessed daughter.

Praise God for peppermint mochas.

Have a blessed week everyone. Share those Praises!





5 comments:

Anne said...

Jennifer, I love this weekly list as well! I'm thinking of moving mine to Saturday at the week's end so I can participate in The Blessed Kingdom's Sabbath Sunday. Do you mind if I would still use your MEME a day in advance or 6 days behind?

~ Judy ~ said...

I join my PRAISE to yours:
http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/2009/11/praise_15.html
What a beautiful list of PRAISE Jennifer...thank you for sharing and inviting us to REJOICE with you!
SO GLAD your very smart hubby fixed your computer...I would SURELY miss your writing!

Dirtdartwife said...

got mine up! I'm actually finding myself taking small mental notes during the week of what I can write for praises! I'm finding that to be very helpful because I'm starting to focus more on positive things instead of ugly negative ones. :) (Now to just put that mental list on paper or something because I'm forgetting by the time I sit down to write)

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Jennifer, I love writing my praises each week - it makes me stop and think about what I have to be thankful for,and one of the things that I forgot to add to my post was to praise God for you - for hosting this each week.

My praises are up here:
http://homeschooling4christ.blogspot.com/2009/11/praise-for-this-week_15.html

Blessings,
Jillian

carmelitemom said...

Thank you for sharing these Jennifer. Wonderful...as usual.

I am right there with you on the Peppermint Mochas : )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin