02 November 2009

Be Who You Are... Again

This morning finds me at a place I've been before a lot lately...'tis the theme in my life right now, and it's a good one. Forgive me for the repetition.


From St. Francis de Sales:

The way to honor God, whose handiwork we are, is to be who we are as perfectly as we can.

It is enough to be what God wants us to be, rather than some perfect creature that God never had in mind.

Suppose you were the most perfect being you could possibly imagine. So what? If you were not the person God had in mind at the moment of your creation, what good would it do you?

It is also enough to do whatever it is that you can do being who you are, and where you are. Just do wholeheartedly what you know God is asking of you. Don't bother yourself about whether or not what God asks of you is important and grand. Whether your actions are insignificant or not does not matter, if they are God's will.

How could you be disappointed at even the smallest opportunity if you know that is is God's will -- born of His providential concern for you, and chosen for you in His eternal wisdom?


3 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

Good words for me to read today. Thank you!

Sarah said...

I struggle with this often. I'm always asking, "How does the Lord want me to be? What kind of mom does He want me to be? What should I be doing with my life, according to God?" So, this is a good reminder for me. Thanks, Jennifer!

Happy Monday!

Louise Jane said...

This has really helped me to read this at the end of a very trying day.

Blessings
Lou x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin