18 October 2009

Praise!

Photobucket

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners...But his delight is in the law of the Lord...he is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither." Psalm 1


Oh, I just can't wait to say.... PRAISE GOD FOR THIS AUTUMN WEATHER!!! It has been in the 50's here all week, with rain off and on, white overcast sky, breezy, and absolutely, positively PERFECT. I.LOVE.THIS.WEATHER.

I feel like I'm coming back to life. Thank you, God.

And I'm very thankful today for the week we've had around here. The girls' school closed unexpectedly due to a very high number of sick kids, so we had a 5-day weekend! We've been utterly couch-potatoish, playing lots of games together and just having fun doing mostly nothing. I'm sorry to see school start again tomorrow.

I'm also Praising God for this wonderful season that really brings out the baker in me. It's time for all things seasonal and sweet and rich! Everything just smells so good in autumn, don't you think?

Praise God that we're all healthy. Thank you.

And I'm Praising God for the hot cocoa I shared with my girls yesterday. They were both so tickled that I gave them hot cocoa in coffee cups... they said, "Oooh, grown-up cups! Thanks, Mom!" How cute is that?

Well, I could go on and on this morning. Can't wait to read all your Praises to God on this fabulous weekend. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm an autumn/winter girl. Finally ~ finally, the oppressive heat of summer has passed, and I can breathe again!

Have a wonderful day and a blessed week ahead! May our Father's richest blessings be with each of you!

Blessings,
Jennifer


P.S. Let me know what you think of the makeover... is it too much on your eyes? Or is it just ugly?? Just trying to spice things up around here and add a little seasonal color.

9 comments:

~ Judy ~ said...

What a nice family time you had Jennifer!!! Nothing nicer than "baking" smells and couch-snuggles!!!
Here's my entry:
http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/2009/10/praise_18.html

I like this pretty green color you've chosen! For some reason...I don't SEE the background...there's a tiny hint of something red/floral maybe at the widest part of my screen...I use Firefox...don't know if that's why I can't see your whole background...but the green is pretty!
Thanks for hosting this meme each week!

Kathy said...

Your inspiring me to bake, make hot cocoa and have a cozy Autumn with my family.

I love your blog!!!!!

Dirtdartwife said...

I'll post mine up in a bit!

Greg Camacho said...

Hi Ms. Hartline,

I'm Greg, a junior at St. Mary's University in San Antonio, Texas. I've been following your blog for a few months now and I get so much from the gentleness and authenticity in your messages. They inspire toward Christ :-) Thank you.

I just wanted to say that I like the green background and red leafy edges. Please keep posting :)

-Greg

SQUELLY said...

Great praises! I really like the seasonal colour! I love Autumn too. Hope next week is as full of joys for you and all your family. God bless!

Aussie Therese said...

I love the new look Jennifer.

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Jennifer,
Your new look blog looks great!

I have my praises up for this week.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Anne said...

Do you ever leave a comment on someone's blog, and when you look back later, it's not there? I could swear I wrote something here yesterday...

I like the green color, and the nice thing about change is you can always change again!

I was inspired by your comment about your daughters to write my own praise post about my daughter, and, I did put up a post about the Consecration so if you wanted to learn more about it you may find the post helpful.

God bless you in everything!

My Chocolate Heart said...

Yes, Anne, I think there are comment gremlins. It's happened to me in many places. :)

I'll check out your new posts... very happy for you! God bless you, and I know Mary is always smiling on you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin