04 October 2009

Praise!

I'm a little late today, but I didn't forget!

Let God's Praise be heard!

Photobucket

"Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!" James 2:12-13


Today I'm praising God for helping me learn the lessons of mercy. It's rather easy to accept mercy being shown to those whom we consider "good" already, or at least those who haven't done anything truly horrendous or cruel or hateful.

But, folks, that sells mercy short... way too short. Mercy is precisely for those who need it most. And "those who need it most" includes me! It includes me, and the abortionist, and the rapist, and the murderer, and the whatever else you can think of. My own sense of justice and fairness doesn't really like that idea, but if mercy isn't given to "them" it won't be given to me.

Mercy covers all those who beat God to a pulp and then nailed Him to a tree to die... what sin, what wrongdoing, what crime could possibly exist that mercy cannot atone for?

We cry out for vengeance... and God is dying to show us mercy.

Thank you, Jesus, for Your endless mercy. Especially the mercy you show me.

I also Praise God for the treasures in my life named FAMILY. They are here with me, they are healthy and whole, we are fed and sheltered and free. We are blessed. Thank you, Father.


Please share your Praises with me, even though this day is growing old... it's never too late to Praise God on His day!

Have a very blessed week... I pray God holds you close and fills you with peace.



P.S. Please, please don't forget to pray on Wednesday. The feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. Please take a moment to read here about the sickening blasphemies happening against our Mother and the rosary... we need to stay informed so we can stand against these attacks.

3 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Mercy, indeed, for us all!!! IT is difficult. Thank you! Cathy

Brian said...

Jennifer-

I will be sure to pray on Wednesday - for the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. We had a wonderful day at our parish today -the parking lot was full - with all kinds of creatures, dogs, cats, rabbits, birds...all there for the Deacon's blessing. God bless our dear St. Francis.

And God bless you!!!

Dirtdartwife said...

I didn't forget but just never got the chance to post anything of significance. I had to hold my praises for a time when I could sit down and write them unfortunately we've just have one thing after another come up. So I'll join on Sunday coming up.

And we'll most certainly be doing the Rosary tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin