20 September 2009

Praise!

Photobucket

"I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good." Psalm 52:8-9


In between wanting to blow up the mosquitoes in my yard and digging up huge roots from holly bushes that simply
refuse to die (they come back, we dig them up, they come back, we dig them up, they come back, we contemplate gasoline and a match... then come to our senses and dig them up...) yes, in spite of all that, I have to say it was a good week. God is good and He is tender and patient. I'm thankful.

1. Praise God that
Christ became the servant of all, even unto death, for the sake of ungrateful sinners like me.

2. Praise God that He is
more merciful than we think.

3. Praise God that He is
more merciful than we are.

4. Praise God for the
unexpected ways He tells us He loves us.

5. Praise God that
He truly has a father's heart, and even our smallest offerings of praise and thanks are pleasing to Him just because we're His kids and He loves us that much.

6. Praise God for the great fortune and blessing of learning from
wise men and women. Those who've gone on to glory already, and those here lighting the way for us.

7. Praise God that
fall is on its way. (I'm saying that by faith. It's still too darn stinkin' hot and humid and I don't see a single leaf changing, but by golly, I'm gonna believe that fall is coming.)

8. Praise God for dark chocolate treats that make me go "yummmmm."


What's on your list this week? Sing out your
Praises to God for all His wonderful works! I pray that this coming week you will truly know that God loves you and just wants to be with you. Relax with Him, don't stress about the doing, and just enjoy being. Be not harsh with yourself, but receive His mercy.


3 comments:

~ Judy ~ said...

Thanks for inviting us to join with you in PRAISE! I offer these praises to join you:
http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/2009/09/praise_20.html

I see that MERCY is on the minds of many this week...you might enjoy stopping by Colleen Spiro's Thoughts on Grace blog and reading her beautiful thoughts on MERCY!

Dirtdartwife said...

Got mine up! Ft. Matt told us something great today from the homily. He was talking about last week's homily because he felt he needed to clarify something (last week's was about marriage, vocations and the crosses people bear) and during his clarification he said that if a person has wronged us and refuses to acknowledge it, we shouldn't bear the cross of trying to make them acknowledge it, but to pray for the person. So this week I'm going to try to make a more concerted effort in praying for my mother. Not necessarily to repair our relationship, but to just pray for her. I think I just need to pray more in general.

Hope you have a great week! Cooler weather is on its way!

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for hosting this.

My praises are here:
http://homeschooling4christ.blogspot.com/2009/09/praise-god-for.html

I will be so looking forward to the warmer weather - I dislike winter immensely.

Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin