"I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good." Psalm 52:8-9
In between wanting to blow up the mosquitoes in my yard and digging up huge roots from holly bushes that simply refuse to die (they come back, we dig them up, they come back, we dig them up, they come back, we contemplate gasoline and a match... then come to our senses and dig them up...) yes, in spite of all that, I have to say it was a good week. God is good and He is tender and patient. I'm thankful.
1. Praise God that Christ became the servant of all, even unto death, for the sake of ungrateful sinners like me.
2. Praise God that He is more merciful than we think.
3. Praise God that He is more merciful than we are.
4. Praise God for the unexpected ways He tells us He loves us.
5. Praise God that He truly has a father's heart, and even our smallest offerings of praise and thanks are pleasing to Him just because we're His kids and He loves us that much.
6. Praise God for the great fortune and blessing of learning from wise men and women. Those who've gone on to glory already, and those here lighting the way for us.
7. Praise God that fall is on its way. (I'm saying that by faith. It's still too darn stinkin' hot and humid and I don't see a single leaf changing, but by golly, I'm gonna believe that fall is coming.)
8. Praise God for dark chocolate treats that make me go "yummmmm."
What's on your list this week? Sing out your Praises to God for all His wonderful works! I pray that this coming week you will truly know that God loves you and just wants to be with you. Relax with Him, don't stress about the doing, and just enjoy being. Be not harsh with yourself, but receive His mercy.