02 September 2009

Learn From Jesus

More wisdom from St. FdS:

"Learn from me," Jesus said, "for I am meek and humble of heart."

"Learn from me," he was saying, "to be patient and gentle with your neighbor, and humble before my Father."

"Learn from me," he was saying, "to be patient and gentle with everyone, but especially with yourself."

Don't be anxious to condemn yourself every time you fall.

Instead, patiently, gently, pick yourself up and start all over again.

There is no better way to grow toward perfection than to be willing ~ and patient enough ~ to start over again and again.

To follow this simple advice is to discover the secret of a truly devout life.

God will give you an inward peace and all the patience you need, but you must sincerely ask Him for it.
And you must put it to work day by day.
Use every opportunity to perform acts of patient gentleness, no matter how small they may seem at the time, for our Lord has promised:
"To the person who is faithful in little things, greater ones will be given."

St. Francis de Sales


Stick this one on your fridge, your bathroom mirror, your car's visor... I might stick it on my forehead.

Have mercy on one another ~ have mercy on yourself.
Be patient with one another ~ be patient with yourself.
Forgive one another ~ forgive yourself.

5 comments:

~ Judy ~ said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Do me a favor...visit Nancy, from Be Not Afraid blog and link her to this post....she REALLY REALLY needs to read it this week.
THANKS

GrandmaK said...

Again many thinks! Cathy

Sarah said...

Excellent wisdom! Thank you for sharing ... I will post this somewhere, as I need this reminder daily.

P.S. There is a little *award* waiting for you on my blog =)

Dirtdartwife said...

Ok, that's getting printed out and framed in an pretty frame. That's too good, too awesome and too much needed to be forgotten. Thank you!!!

Mary333 said...

For a long time I used to beat myself up in my mind. It took me years to overcome this. Now I try to be gentle with myself as well as others and I have much more peace. Great post.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin