04 July 2009

Praise!

Photobucket


"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1



Happy 233rd Birthday, America! I wonder if the time is coming for a new revolution... time for us to remind our government that they "derive their just powers from the consent of the governed." I don't know about you, but there's a lot going on in Government that I do NOT consent to!

For today, though, I want to give thanks for my freedom, remember the brave who have died to secure it, and pray for the soul of this nation that I still love. I pray that God will once again have good reason to richly bless the U.S.A.

1. Praise God for freedom! There's no other country on earth where I'd rather live.

2. Thank God for every soul who has died for this country. May God grant them all eternal peace and life. God bless their families with His peace and comfort.

3. Praise God for my own loving husband, an honorable American soldier. I am so proud to be his wife.

4. Praise God for the people who sacrifice every day in unnoticed ways to serve our country and are never thanked for it.

5. Praise God for the people who defend LIFE and work tirelessly to bring about the day when our laws will once again protect the innocent and defenseless -- the unborn, the disabled, the elderly, the poor, the unwanted... the many faces of Jesus in His distressing disguise.

6. Praise God for time spent with the ones I love, making happy memories and enjoying the blessing of each other.

7. Praise God most of all for Jesus Christ, who has set us all truly free. If the Son has set you free, then you are free indeed!


I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday weekend! Please share your Praises! Nothing sounds better than God's people giving Him praise!

God bless you all and keep you safe in His hand this week. Pray for our country and our leaders!

Blessings,

3 comments:

carmelitemom said...

Jennifer...your praises brought tears to my eyes. I can't possibly add to this list.

God Bless America!!

Sarah said...

Right back at you! We'll be watching (in the crowds on the beach) the fireworks tonight. The BBQ chops are starting to smell awesome .... God bless you, thank you for serving our country so faithfully, and for sharing the love of Christ with all of us!

Hugs,
Sarah

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Jennifer,
Your praises were worthy.

I have added my humble praises.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin