17 June 2009

Pro-lifers Threatened

From Jill Stanek's blog today comes a very disturbing story. Since Tiller's murder, both she and Fr. Frank Pavone, among others, have been receiving credible death threats and are under armed protection whenever they leave their homes. Both have received numerous threats to kill them at church.

I suppose we should at least be thankful that the authorities are taking the threats seriously and providing them with protection.

And I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. Violence breeds more violence. This is only the natural fruit of the abortion tree.

I never heard Jill, or Fr. Frank, or any other Pro-Life leader applaud the murder of George Tiller. All of them were quick to condemn it and to say in clear language that murder is wrong, and the Pro-Life movement does not condone murder. Period. This was the action of a single individual who is clearly mentally ill.

Yet now the hatred being spewed upon Jill and Fr. Frank is vicious, and their lives are in real danger because they courageously defend the unborn.

What a proud day in America...people are threatened with death
for daring to try to defend a child.


I fear the days are quickly approaching when our faith may once again cost us our lives. Are we ready?

Please remember to pray for Jill and Fr. Frank. We must implore St. Michael's protection for them.

6 comments:

GrandmaK said...

I will! Cathy

Sarah said...

Yup. I'll pray and I'll live for Christ and His Truth . . . to whatever end. He will supply my every need.

Dirtdartwife said...

Very scary indeed. The culture of death is full of hypocrites. I'll pray for Jill, Fr. Frank and Tony and the rest of the people that stand up for life. Just remember Psalm 91:11- "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."

Anne said...

Unbelievable! I am praying!

SQUELLY said...

I am praying! You are right in what you say about abortion being the only fruit of the tree

Brian said...

Dear Jennifer,

I will certainly pray for Fr. Pavone and Jill. I am so frightened - what is happening to our country.

God bless you for all the wonderful articles you post on Catholic Online. They are so important. I would like to post them, now and then, on my blog - of course with your mentioned name.

Us Pro-life soldiers must stay the course, keep up the good fight.

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin