28 June 2009

Awards -- Not the one you think!

Okay, time for me to get with the program. I've been graciously given the Honest Scrap award by three different people, and it's time I revealed the Honest Scrap! Ten honest little tidbits about yours truly... I'll try to keep it interesting!


1. I'm the youngest of four and until I was almost in my teens, I thought I was adopted. I'd never seen any infant pictures of myself, only photos where I was about 2 years old. I never told my parents this. Now, you have to realize that my older sister and I practically looked like twins, but somehow that never clicked in my stupid brain. When I finally 'fessed up to my mother, she nearly had a heart attack. She got out the baby books and showed me that all these years, the pics I thought were of my sister, were actually me. Yeah... I'm brilliant, too.


2. I used to hate salads. Refused to eat them. I told my mother, "I'm not a rabbit." Something happened, thank God, when I hit my twenties, and suddenly, I began to love salads and fresh veggies. Phew!


3. I was an awkward, geeky, unpopular kid, and I still feel that way inside most days. Now I'm just doing it in a grown-up body. Sigh...


4. I would love to be a great photographer. I'm fascinated by the stories told in truly great pictures.


5. If I had to choose between being deaf or blind, I'd choose being blind. I couldn't handle never being able to hear music. I love music...


6. I do not understand people who don't like chocolate. It must be a genetic-level defect.


7. I am very grossed out by bad smells, and I have a super-nose. I smell everything. Bad smells can put me in a very foul mood quickly.


8. I'm also grossed out by sweat. Don't like sweaty people. Ick. Take a shower already.


9. In the first months of our marriage, I once called my husband at work and made him rush home right that second to find and kill the sun spider in our living room. Scariest looking thing I'd ever seen! I was completely freaked out. Bless his heart -- he did, and didn't even get upset with me for it. Not my finest moment. I've since mellowed considerably, though I still hate bugs. HATE. BUGS.


10. I have eaten an entire box of Girl Scout Thin Mints in one sitting.



Okay, there's more information than you ever wanted! Now, I'm supposed to pass on the Honest Scrap award to some other more deserving folks, but guess what? I'm not gonna. Nope. I think y'all already have it, and it's time for something new.

So by the authority vested in me by, ME, I hereby declare the beginning of a brand-new award.

"Those who receive this award are of the sweetest nature. They are kind, friendly, funny, loving, eager to share their love for Jesus with others, and brave in their efforts to reflect Him to this darkened world. They are the kind of folks you're blessed to know, even if it's only in the bloggy-sphere."

To them I bestow the True Heart award!
Accompanied by this fabulous picture of a scrumptious chocolate heart so you'll always know from whence it came! Now here's where I need help. Somebody more tech-savvy than I am please take this image and put the award title words ON IT for me. (Cupcake, this is right up your alley.) It'll make it easier to share and pass around. Thanks!


The first recipients of the True Heart award are:

Theresa at CarmeliteMom

Sarah at More Than Enough

Sandy at God Speaks Today

Cathy at A Bit of the Blarney

Anne at Imprisoned in My Bones

Jillian at HomeschoolMum4Christ

Kate at Momopoly

Sarah at Ora Et Labora

Squelly at The Dreamer's Day

Jennie at Jenerbug

Brooke at Conversations with a Cupcake

Regan at A Place for Everything


My fondest blessings to all of you. I so enjoy visiting your blogs, reading your wit and wisdom, and gleaning all I can from your fantastic pages. Please do share this new award with more wonderful folks -- it would warm my chocolate heart!

Chocolate blessings,



15 comments:

SQUELLY said...

Dear Jennifer - thank you so much! I feel truly honored. Your blog is wonderful, honest and true. Thank you!!! Many Blessings

Edel

carmelitemom said...

Oooohhh! Yaayyyy!

This is so cool! I loved your 10 honest things BTW.

I am not sure how to put the words on the image. I can ask my husband if no one steps up. After we get the words figured out I'll post it and pass it on!

Thank you for warming my heart. I truly am grateful for the wonderful blogger friends I have made!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Awwwwww...you are so stinkin' sweet! I will PROUDLY display my chocolate award and know it was given with much love. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Sandy

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Oh...and I know you can put the words on the image over at Photobucket. Save it over there and then it lets you do all kinds of things to it, including writing on it. If someone else has a picture program already on their computer, it would probably be easier to use a different one.

Love ya!
Sandy

Anne said...

Well, I am at once floored and honored! Thank you so much! And for Pete's sake, who doesn't love chocolate? Sometimes I'm sorry to be a nutritionist because my eating habits make me look bad to the rest of my co-workers...but who cares how I look? Some things just have to be enjoyed and willpower over chocolate? Forget about it!!! There's no such thing!

Sarah said...

I'm simply chuffed by your generosity!! Merci beaucoup!!

Jennifer said...

Sandy,
I've not had good luck with Photobucket for some reason. I can get the words on the image, but then I can't get the whole thing back on my desktop! It's probably me -- I'm a doofus. That's why I'm hoping Cupcake will come to my rescue! Cupcake, can you hear me?? Help!

ConversationsWithACupcake said...

I hear you, darling!

It's finished, but I've lost your email address so I can't send it to you until you email me!

Soon as I get your eaddress, your pepped up award will be on it's way!

Love you!

THANKS so much for your sweet award. It's "truly" an honor!

Kate Wicker @ Momopoly said...

Wow! I needed a pick-me-up and I found it here. I am extremely humbled by your award and kind words.

And I have to agree with you on number 6. How can anyone not like chocolate? Freaks! (Just kidding...sort of.)

Thank you for sharing your love for Christ and your writing talents with the blogging world.

God bless you.

Jennifer said...

OH, Cupcake! I knew you'd come through for me! You're a genius! Sending email! THANK YOU!!!

carmelitemom said...

Jennifer,
My husband was able to put a photo together for you too. Not sure if you need it now. I just noticed Cupcake came through. Just let me know--theresageo@verizon.net

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you so much for the award!
You asked if somebody tech-savvy would put the words onto the heart, so here it is - that's if it's good enough.

http://wimg.co.uk/P9O.png

I hope that it will serve the purpose.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Jennifer,
Oops, sorry I just noticed that Cupcake has already done this. Please disregard mine.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

GrandmaK said...

My sincerest thanks! It is such a joy to visit her. I too wish I could used the camera to tell stories. Have a grand day! Cathy

Sarah said...

Jennifer, thank you for the True Heart Award! I am humbled and honored. And I have passed it on to others at my blog =)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin