24 May 2009

To Boldly Go To the Movie Theater...


I'm a Trekkie. (Surprised?)


I can't do the Vulcan "Live long and prosper" sign with my hand and I don't own a Starfleet uniform (thank heaven), but I am nonetheless, a Trekkie. Spock is the greatest character ever. Period.



Just came home from seeing the new movie. It was a great ride...thrilling, interesting, funny, shocking, and just very well done all around. Kudos to JJ Abrams for reviving Star Trek. He has taken many liberties with characters and storylines that will allow him to take the Enterprise crew in an entirely different direction, and it should be a very fun journey.


But, really, how can one guy get beaten up so much so often and still have an intact face? Kirk should not have an unbroken bone in his body! That guy gets hammered so many times in the movie it's unbelievable! But this new actor playing Kirk is terrific... actually, all the new actors playing my favorite characters are terrific. Extremely well cast. It was great fun to see a young Sulu kick some butt in this movie. Fencing! The young Scotty is a blast, and the guy playing Bones is absolutely perfect.




Now if only we could get our hands on a transporter and beam the heck out of this place... let's find a nice, quiet new planet and start over. Could be fun...


4 comments:

GrandmaK said...

After your review, I think I'd like to see it! Thanks! Cathy

Sarah said...

You crack me up! =) I'm glad you had such a fun outing to the movies. My husband really wants to see this movie, and I told him to find a buddy to go with him, as I'm not interested ... But a friend who is a Lost fan encouraged me to give it a try, since the same director of Lost directed Star Trek. And now after your review, well, you two ladies may have persuaded me to join my husband after all! I think he'll be pleasantly surprised! =)

Dirtdartwife said...

YOU????? A Trekkie????? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... oh my gosh yes I am surprised!!!!! But not TOO much because it seems that it's the smart ones that are attracted to this genre. I'm a "Next Generation" fan myself. Thanks for the review. Now I will actually look forward to accompanying my DH on this date night at the movies when he drags me to see this movie. :) :) :) So glad you had a great time! :)

Sharon said...

We just went to see the movie today, too! I had to cover my 8 y.o.'s eyes during one scene (I think he was already closing them, LOL). I laughed my head off at all the one-liners. I liked the line about Admiral Archer's missing beagle!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin