09 May 2009

Queen of the Holy Ordinary

For my wonderful bloggy friends who are mothers, I offer you this article today at Catholic Online. I hope you can take a moment to read it... consider it my Mother's Day gift to you. Have a very blessed and happy weekend!


Mother. Wife. Homemaker. Maid. Cook. Chauffeur. Nurse. Teacher. Corrections Officer. Party Planner. Maintenance Worker. Domestic Engineer. I’ve used all these titles, especially the more humorous ones, to describe myself and my job. My favorite moniker by far, though, is this one:


I’m a lifetime member of the Queen of the Holy Ordinary club, established and approved by the King Himself, to be open to all women who have a home and a family they love and want to care for. “Be it known henceforth and forevermore that all who follow in the order of the QHO club shall be exceedingly and abundantly blessed, for the King has esteemed them and lavishly given them His own mother as their Queen.”


It’s hard to get excited about another load of laundry. It’s really hard to get pumped up about cleaning the bathroom again. I know the furniture needs dusting, but I just don’t have the slightest motivation to do it right now. I’m certain I washed the dirty dishes last night… how can the sink be full again already? My floor needs mopping. If someone needs a visual definition of clutter, just come on over to my house. Please try not to trip over the toys.


I’m a mother and a homemaker, and it isn’t glamorous. It’s tedious, monotonous, thankless, messy, germy, and it can be really hard on your manicure. It’s also the greatest job in the whole world.


Continue reading...(you'll be glad you did!)

4 comments:

carmelitemom said...

Manicure?? What's that?? : )
Wonderful, wonderful article. Thank you for the reminder. I need to post this article somewhere that I can read it EVERYDAY!! What a blessed vocation we have been called to! I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Happy Mother's Day!

Our Family said...

Great Article Jennifer! Happy Mother's Day to you! Heaven is the rewards!
God Bless you and your family.

Husband of a great mother and wife, Michael

Everyday M.moms said...

Happy mother's day, we wish you the best of all blessings and we have made a little something for you:

http://everydaymmoms.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-prayer-for-mothers-today-is-that-our.html

God bless you,

EVERYDAY.M.MOMS

Sarah said...

Jennifer, thank you for the beautiful perspective on motherhood. I really needed to read that today ... and I really, really need to remember that everyday! God bless you, and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

P.S. Thank you for the nomination. I am honored.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin