21 May 2009

No Saint Here

It's official. I am so far outside the realm of possible sainthood it ain't even funny. Even the realm of barely remotely-possible sainthood is light years away. (sigh)


This is precisely what makes Jesus so amazing...that while in this utterly wretched and pathetic state I'm in, He loves me still. Loves me enough to have died for me, with no guarantee that I would ever crawl out of my wretchedness and learn to love and forgive. He died while we (I) were yet sinners.



If it weren't true, it would be unbelievable. If it weren't God, it would be impossible.

If I love Him at all, I have to choose to do better. I have to.

Let another piece of my pride fall away today, Lord. I want to love like You do. I need to sit in Your lap today.



5 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

Tons of hugs coming your way today hon!

Anne said...

This is beautiful! I wish I knew you better so that I would know the right things to say to help you in your pain. I'm sure that the Lord's lap is warm and comfortable. I offer you my prayers.

GrandmaK said...

Tender and touching. I know that he is tenderly, gently holding you in his loving arms. You are good, because you are made my God in His image...Thanks be to God!!! Cathy

Elena@EPtreasures said...

That is so beautiful Jennifer - it's from your heart to Jesus. How He loves for us to talk to Him. No matter what He is always there for us - it's awesome.
Hugs!
God Bless,
Elena :)

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Sometimes I feel like He doesn't just love us in SPITE of our weaknesses, but BECAUSE of our weaknesses. That's the essence of unconditional love and grace.

And by the way...the picture of the child on Jesus' lap is very special to me. Two of our best friends bought that painting for us right after our son Noah died because they thought it looked like him.

Hugs and blessings,
Sandy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin