26 April 2009

Praise!

Photobucket

"Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise..." 1 Chronicles 16:24-25


This week amidst all the discouraging news headlines (Plan B now available to 17 year-olds over the counter, Sebelius one step closer to confirmation, Georgetown following in ND's footsteps, etc.) I have had to remind myself that we may lose some battles, even some very important ones, but God will have the final victory, and we must not despair. We must keep fighting faithfully, and we must PRAISE our good God for all His marvelous deeds!

1. Praise God for His steadfast love that never changes, never ceases, never gives up, never falters.

2. Praise God for His good will, that seems unclear to me, and even seems indifferent to suffering sometimes. Yet, I know that His will is always good and just.

3. Praise God for His patience and mercy.

4. Praise God for the great gift of three healthy, beautiful, sweet children and the joy of being their mother.

5. Praise God for sunshine that brings out the flowers and the bees. (Folks, that is a real sacrifice of praise, for I do not love the bugs and bees, and I really don't need much sunshine. I'm a winter gal!)

6. Praise God for a trip this summer when I will get to see my big sister whom I haven't seen in almost two years! Oh, what joy!

7. Praise God for... ... can anyone guess?


CHOCOLATE!
DARK, RICH, DECADENT, HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE!

What are your Praises this week? I can't wait to read them! Link up below with Mr. Linky!
Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!


Love,
Jennifer


10 comments:

carmelitemom said...

Jennifer...I am a fall/winter gal myself. In all honestly...I really, really dislike the summer, so I will have to work especially hard on my Gratitude journal during the long, hot and humid summer days. Plus, three teenagers home from school needing supervision...UGH! I got my work cut out for me : ) I like the structure of the school year so much better.

Jennifer said...

Theresa,
Me too! I'll go even further and say (God forgive me) I hate summer. I would prefer that summer be wiped off the calendar year completely and the season done away with! A bit drastic, I know... I just can't stand the summer wardrobes, the heat, the bugs, etc. I stay inside. Winter RULES! I should move to Alaska.

carmelitemom said...

Jennifer...you are a girl after my own *chocolate* heart! I sooo wanted to say I hate the summer but had to restrain myself lest I sound ungrateful : ) I could be very content with no summer in the line-up. I am definitely a jeans/sweater/boots kind of girl. As I am writing this, I am sweating profusely due to the extreme increase in temps here and I am already in dread of the summer. Whew...so glad I could get that off my chest.

Dirtdartwife said...

Fall is my favorite season. I don't mind summer but I don't care for the biting bugs, skimpy outfits or extreme heat (Jen, HOW in the WORLD did you stand our time on the moon?), yet I can't stand winter because I'm allergic to being cold. Plop my toosh in Florida any day! :)

Mom E said...

As always lots of fun coming up with Praises :) I put one in,in your honor. :) haha. I have to admit that I do love the summer a great deal. I think the fact that I was born and raised in Florida makes summer and heat part of my blood and so living in the Midwest makes me appreciate it ever so much when it comes. However, I do love winter and fall just as much :)

Sarah said...

I always look forward to your praises. I have to do my own list again soon ... But I'm trying to finish up a special 5-year-old birthday post for today.

Thanks for the reply about picking the "wrong" flowers. I liked your approach and will remember not to worry too much next time. I don't think I waited long enough this time, probably tried to teach a lesson too soon rather than enjoy the sweetness of her innocence. Even us moms have to learn from our mistakes =) Anyway, thank you. I appreciated your wisdom.

Happy Monday!

Mom E said...

As always thanks for the Comment! I had your slice of Cake this morning. I know horrible!!! I couldn't resist. I was starting my diet today but...ugh..couldn't resist..haha. I found that pictures online through google images. I thought it was adorable too! Hope all is well! Have a great week!

Mrs.Pogle said...

I joined in here: http://bloomingathome.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/a-time-to-praise/
Glad I found you :)
Mrs.P xx

Mrs.Pogle said...

I added you to my blogroll ~ thanks for your visit :)
Mrs.P xx

GrandmaK said...

Please drop by as I have something for you! Have a grand day! Cathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin