18 April 2009

My Sign

The sign I made a long time ago to remind me what is true:


God is not going to accomplish my sanctification
outside of my role as wife and mother,

but entirely within it.

I am not going to progress on the path of holiness
in spite of the household chores
and childcare duties, but because of them and through them.

Wife and mother is my vocation and it is holy. Period.

The laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming, toilet-scrubbing, floor-mopping, and even the poopy diapers are the tools by which God is crafting my soul, training my heart, and taming my will. They are the devices of holiness.


(Many thanks to Holly Pierlot.)

With that, there are many chores waiting to be done. Have a wonderful day everyone, and please stop by tomorrow for Praise! and be sure to link up and share yours!


Tootles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Sarah (JOT) said...

Amen! How very true!!

regan said...

thanks jennifer. i needed that little reminder today! =)
ps. i love holly's book.

Dirtdartwife said...

What a great reminder that life doesn't always revolve around "me" and what the world thinks I should be like. Many times I get messages like "You don't need more kids." or "wait till after you move and get settled to have another baby." or "you really should go back to work."

This is a good reminder that what I'm doing is what God wants, not what others think of how I should be as a wife and mother.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the inspiration today! I need to be reminded of this from time to time ... Oh, and I love Holly's book, too.

carmelitemom said...

Jennifer...your blog is awesome! I stopped by briefly last week but didn't get a chance to really check it out. I will be stopping back...your love for Jesus and chocolate are near and dear to my heart : ) I enjoyed your "Praise" post since I am in need of constant reminders as well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin