15 March 2009

Praise!

Time for something sweet and uplifting!

Things are tough all around, in so many ways, and the best antidote to despair is praise...
praising GOD for all His goodness!


"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise Him!" Psalm 147:1


Thus, I welcome you to the first installment of "Praise and Chocolate!"

Photobucket


I have a life overflowing with goodness and blessings, and I can never thank the Lord enough.

Here are just a few things I'm praising God for today...

1. Praise God, it's Sunday, (Feast Day!) and I can have some
chocolate!! Thank you, God, for feast days during Lent!

2. Praise and thank you, God, that my DH is home with us, alive and well. No small miracle when you're a military family these days.

3. Praise God that my kids are all healthy and whole. Need I say more?

4. Praise God, I've had a few more days of winter-like weather to enjoy before the warmth of spring arrives permanently. And all the bugs that come with it....ugh. (oops.. no "ugh". Just praise!)

5. Praise God (again) for chocolate! I adore chocolate, and it is unquestionably one of the sweetest earthly pleasures.
Oh Chocolate, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

6. Praise God for flannel sheets, down comforters, and a very soft, comfy bed that I never want to get out of. Mmmm....

7. Praise God for the sound of my girls giggling.



How about you? What are you praising God for today?

I've set up a Mr. Linky list below so you can share your own list of praises! I can't wait to read them!


5 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fantastic focus when things around us in this world are so tough. It's so easy to despair, but we really should not if we put our complete trust in the Lord, right?! I will think of my list and post it later. Not sure how to use Mr. Linky, but I will try =)

Sharon said...

I praise God that I have a loving husband who will never leave me no matter what, and loves spending time with me and the boys.

I also praise God that my parents and my in-laws are all still living, and are the greatest grandparents on Earth.

Thanks for posting!

Dirtdartwife said...

1. This past year
2. My family
3. The Catholic Church
4. My beautiful friends
5. health
6. steady employment
7. access to healthcare- as dismal as it may be at times
8. food in the fridge/cabinets (even if it is soda that I can't have yet)

Hey... and what's with this feast day during lent? I've never heard of this! Enlighten me! :)

regan said...

hmmmm....i'd have to take up all your space here to list my praises, there are always so many as God is too, too good to me. but thanks for sharing yours!

Sarah said...

I just posted my list on my blog ...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin