23 March 2009

Notre Dame Scandal



I cannot keep silent about Notre Dame... they have spit in Our Lady's eye with this betrayal.


I don't care if he is currently the leader of the free world. Obama is the most pro-abortion President in history. For Notre Dame to present him with an honorary degree and ask him to be their commencement speaker is so gravely offensive, it's hard to even wrap words around it.




It is simply unjustifiable.


Even if you are not Catholic, if you are Pro-Life, I urge you to go to this site and sign the petition being sent to ND's president, Fr. John Jenkins. Tens of thousands of people have already signed it, and I would love to see it reach into the hundreds of thousands. Jenkins does not speak for the Catholic Church, and he needs to be told in no uncertain terms that his terrible decision will not go unchallenged.

Please send an email, make a phone call, and definitely sign this petition. We must speak for the babies...we must lend them our voice and our power, for they have none.



We must pray for Notre Dame and the students there. The school still bears the name of our Blessed Mother, and there can be no doubt that she is weeping over this disgraceful action.

May Jesus have mercy, and may hearts be changed.

Jennifer

5 comments:

Mikki said...

I can't get to the site to sign the petition. It keeps saying server error. Could you help me out?

Jennifer said...

Mikki and any others,

Apparently the server is having difficulty due to the volume of responses they are getting. I've read that they are working on fixing the problem, so keep trying to sign the petition. If I get any more information, I'll let you know.

Keep trying!

Mikki said...

Thank you Jennifer.

Sarah said...

I found out about this yesterday, and I am still in shock! I signed the petition and will pray. As you said, may hearts be changed!

Dirtdartwife said...

Depending on what Notre Dame does, this wipes them off the list of possible Catholic colleges for my kids.

I can't help but think that Obama got the standard invites from many colleges and while flipping through them, he saw Notre Dame and went "Oh, that'll get great publicity." and it's an attempt to force our hand at accepting him and his ugly, pro-abortion agenda. Wolf in sheeps clothing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin