20 January 2009

Oath of Citizenship

I, Jennifer, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully fulfill the duties and responsibilities of being a citizen of the United States of America.

In my own community, I will work to the best of my ability to preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; exterior and interior, seen and unseen.

I will use my voice, my talents, my time, my treasure, and my life to work for peace, for justice, for higher morality, for truthfulness, and freedom for all.

I will take responsibility for my life, my choices, my actions and their consequences. I will not seek to shift the blame or the burden to anyone else.

I will act with dignity in public and in private. I will keep the vows I have made to my family. I will set an upright example for the next generation.

I will seek out ways to love, help and serve my neighbor – the unborn, the poor, the disabled, the outcast, the hopeless, the sick, the elderly, the forgotten. They are all my fellow citizens, and their rights are not less than my own.

I will defend the true foundation of America, which is the family. Husband and wife, father and mother. Both are crucial to the future stability of our nation. I will not forget that God created us male and female for divine purposes, and our strength comes from the unique gifts we give each other.

I will demand protection and rights for every unborn child, my fellow citizens. When the fire of life is allowed to be extinguished in its tiniest flame, the heart of our country grows ever colder, until we cannot feel the warmth of Love at all.

I will proclaim the truth that our founding fathers recognized – that our true liberty comes not from ourselves or our government, but from Almighty God. He who created us also gives us our freedom and our very lives.

I will require the leaders I elect to serve the nation, not their own interests. I will require them to act without deceit or greed, and to keep the vows they have taken personally and publicly.

I will teach my children the values of honesty, integrity, patience, kindness, respect, humility and diligent work. I will demonstrate through my actions how to behave with dignity and love, even when others do not treat me the same.

I will strive to repay indifference and hatred with love and generosity.

I will be thankful for each day, each moment I am blessed to live in this abundant nation, with all the freedoms I enjoy, and I will ask God to increase my gratitude every morning.

I will remember the extraordinary sacrifice of the United States military men and women, as well as the sacrifice of their families, and I will honor them in my heart and in my actions. I will pray for their protection and safe return home.

I will pray for our President and all our leaders and ask God to guide them and protect them and give them courage to do what is right.

I will pray without ceasing for the blessings of God to rest on my country, and beg His mercy for our sins and failures.

So help me God.



©2009 Jennifer Hartline

4 comments:

Sarah (JOT) said...

That is awesome!!

Van said...

Great way to show your patriotism and thankfulenss. We all should write our own oath - but I like yours so am going to repeat it often.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful and Amen! :)

2 Chronicles 7:14

Dirtdartwife said...

I will take that same oath!!! Awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin