08 December 2008

This Week in the Oven....

Kiss Cookies

These cookies are very popular and I've even seen a boxed mix now in stores. I've eaten many of these made by lots of different folks, but honestly, I've never had one that tasted as good as my mom's. This is her recipe. (And now mine!)

2 and 2/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup Crisco
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
unwrapped Hershey Kisses

Cream brown sugar and Crisco, and add peanut butter. Add eggs and beat well. Add vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir to combine well. Shape into balls, roll in granulated sugar and bake for 8 minutes. Press chocolate kiss in center of each cookie and bake for 2 more minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Once chocolate kiss is completely cooled, these will freeze beautifully.

Photobucket

Have a cookie!
The Cookie Lady

4 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

I'm going to have to try those! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Sandy said...

mmmmmmm...you don't have to convince me to bake a cookie!

Thanks!
Sandy

Sandy said...

I came by again to write down this recipe! Do you think I could use real butter instead of Crisco?

~S

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

OK...I just made these with butter. Came out perfect. The only thing...you didn't put a temp. I baked at 350. The cookies needed a little longer than 8 min plus 2 min. May have been my oven. But the consistency and flavor are perfect.

Love ya!
Sandy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin