13 December 2008

Blog Awards!

What a fun day this has been in Blogland!

My little baby blog has been given a kind award by my dear new bloggie friend, Sandy Cooper at
God Speaks Today
. When I was trying to create my blog page, the Lord led me to find Sandy's blog and I began furiously emailing her asking "HELP!" and "How did you do that?" I'm afraid I pestered her. She patiently answered. Then it was, "Sandy! It's not working! Help!" And she'd explain things to computer-idiot-me, and in the end, thanks to her, I created the page I wanted. She was a gentle friend to a total stranger, and that's why I love her. I have also come to admire and respect her greatly as I've read her blog and discovered that her faith has been sorely tested, and found to be true.

So this is my first blog award!


Description of award:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."


Now, since I'm pretty new to the blogosphere, I'm still meeting and finding the real gems out there. That being said, I've found a few that I think are fabulous, and to them I am passing on the award! I think you'll enjoy these wonderful blogs!


Speaking of the Sweetest Things. Brooke is a woman after my own sweet tooth! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE her blog, and she does the most clever things with text and photos and graphics and all that stuff. (I can only dream of being that inventive!) She clearly has talent oozing out her pores. And the best part of all was discovering that her sweet waters run deep...her heart is full of love, faith, and compassion. Sweet, indeed!

I recently found Elizabeth at So Sweet to be Home...and I felt like she and I would be friends if we met in person. We're both Army wives, and that right there is a special bond. Once you've held down the fort while your husband is across the world fighting for freedom, and you've lived with the daily fear that you'll never see him again, you're initiated into the "club" no woman really wants to join, but is
PROUD to be a member of nonetheless. And I just love her sweet faith and affection for her hubby and her son...I just really like her!

Jenerbug: She's such a crafty girl! And I am... NOT. (sigh) But I can dream... I liked her immediately because we share the same name with the same spelling! She is the only other
J-e-n-n-i-e I have ever met in my life! Instant kinship! And beyond that, she had me in stitches the other day when I read her horror story of dentistry. YIKES!!

And finally, I was blessed to find Donna at Elizabeth's Journey. I could tell immediately that she's a woman of deep faith. She posted a poem called "The Ragman" that reduced me to a puddle of tears. It was extraordinary. Hers is a blog I will read slowly and carefully and come away enriched.

It has been such a blast entering this new world and finding all these terrific new friends. I am so blessed by all of you, and I'm humbled and very thankful to have you come and read my thoughts and then share yours with me.

Thanks again, Sandy, for honoring your pestering bloggie friend this way!

Have a blessed Advent season everyone!
Jesus is coming soon... let us stop and dwell on this "unspeakable gift" and then prepare Him room in our hearts and our homes!

The peace of Christ be with you,
Jennifer

6 comments:

ConversationsWithACupcake said...

Jennifer {Squeal of Delight}. THANK YOU! I am so tickled, and mostly just honored and thankful to count you among friends. A big blessing, this season, finding you and being deepened in faith.

To a New Year. And lots of new wonderments.

XOXO

Nesting Momma said...

ok now you made me tear up! I recently "opened" Elizabeth's Journey back up. I had made it privatge. The Lord spoke and said even if it blesses one person, it is worth your time and effort!
Thank you for blessing and encouraging me!

xoxo Donna

Dirtdartwife said...

You yourself are an inspiration to many! :)

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Jennifer for the wonderful award! :) I am so very happy you found me in blogland, because I love to read your blog! You write so beautifully! I just saw that you are in Virginia; are you stationed at Fort Belvoir? We are at Quantico! Have a blessed rest of the day!

Sandy said...

OK...you are NOT supposed to give the "Award Giver" more praise!!!

*(embarrased smile)*

Thanks sweetie. So glad you frantically e-mailed me. And that I knew how to help you.

Which is so wierd, because I thought I was a computer idiot myself.

Have a blessed day!
Sandy

Jennie said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! This is my second award ever and it could not have come from a better person... I will work on mine today and let you know when I have it posted.... thanks again so much!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin